It’s that time of the year when you are bombarded with the best Christmas gift options. I am here to add mine to that list. This might be the 20th blog post about the right Christmas gift to buy for someone you know that has an interest in travelling. Trust me, you can never have too many options. Have you walked down the water aisle at your local supermarket lately? Exactly my point. I am sure this list will provide you with real items/services you can get for someone in your life, who travels once in a blue moon or quite frequently. Either way, I am certain you will find something that they would truly appreciate when they receive it from you.
- A dragon pass – The process of travelling aka catching flights and not feelings can be extremely stressful. Whoever says otherwise is lying! That’s why a subscription to use the airport lounge in order to relax, grab something to eat and get refreshed before the flight is never a bad idea and I promise you your traveller friend will be forever grateful.
PSSST if you bank with Barclays for £18/month you can get the travel pack plus which provides you with 6-airport lounges/year and a lot more.
- Packing cubes changed the game for me BIG TIME! The fact that you can get so many variations is just amazing. Amazon is the plug for this one! I feel I need to write a blog post about why every traveller should be using packing cubes from their ability to separate out everything in your suitcase and keeping things organised to keeping things compressed so you actually have more space especially when travelling with only a carry on.. The advantages seem endless. Honestly the perfect Christmas gift.
- Scratch map – absolutely a delight to have one and you can get one in any size! Imagine just been able to see how far you have travelled. How cool is that?
- Power bank – Any traveller will tell you travelling with no juice on your phone is no fun! How can you possibly get that Instagram worthy photo? Power banks are definitely essential for me personally. They come in varied designs and strengths. I would say find out what phone the person you are about to gift it to uses and get the power bank that looks like a phone case. They are easy to use without the need for an actual wire.
- Priority pass – want your traveller friend to always have first priority to board the plane? Then this is the perfect Christmas gift for them. Find out what airline they usually fly with and get them annual priorities pass. That would be Ryanair for me. They don’t call me ryanairbea for no reason! I am also sure easyJet offers it too.
- MyPostcard vouchers – this is the perfect cure for ‘mum I am okay moments’ that most travellers face. No doubt family are sometimes worried whenever you are travelling. Why not tell them you are okay and thinking about them by sending out a postcard? For as little as $1.99 you can add personalised images and text, whilst on the go using your smart device via MyPostcard app. Click here for a recent blog post that provides more details about the app.
- Fanny bag – personally I am not a big fan of this because it screams tourist! And they just don’t look fashionable at all but I know many travellers who use them. I guess sometimes ensuring that your valuables are safe and with you at all time is a small price to pay against looking fashionable.
- I came across ‘getpivo’ on Instagram and I immediately fell in love with it. It’s the perfect gift for any solo traveller. Carrying the self-crowned titled ‘queen of self-timer photography’ I know the effort that goes into getting a perfect shot with less than 10 seconds to spare. The getpivo seems to eliminate all that! I am most excited about the motion sensor! In fact, I reached out to them for collaboration and they said NO! It’s okay I am taking my Ls. Plus it’s still a dope invention regardless.
- Digital frames! Imagine travelling to all those amazing places and coming back home to show off your pictures. Printing them all out will be simply too much and that is where digital frames win. The Yenock digital frame allows you to simply relive all your travel experiences in the comfort of your home. Whilst, mapping your next big adventure.
- Cabin Zero backpack – I was recently gifted this backpack over the summer for my mini-tour through West Africa. When it comes to quality assurance this backpack has got it! It is so spacious and extremely comfortable. I have the military brown 44L and it easily fits under the seat when flying. No more fighting for overhead space! Glorrryyyyy! If you want exactly the same one I have click here.
- Handheld Scale – Do you know much airlines charge for overweight baggage? The answer is too much! No one should have to pay that much. Having a scale really does help you ensure you are within the airline baggage limit. I love the Fretto scale because are super lightweight and extremely accurate!
- Neck pillow – I personally don’t have one, I find leaning on my neighbour’s shoulder to be quite comfortable (joke!) but honestly I there are so many options out there. Some look incredible comfy whilst others look like a death trap. Either way, I am sure you will find something that works!
And that’s it guys! 12 Christmas gifts ideas for travellers that they actually need, and will certainly use. Do enjoy this festive period!
Love and Light!