5 reasons why I travel
I am always faced with the same question. Why did I start travelling? What motivates me to keep going? Below I’ve listed my top five reasons as to why I pack up my bags and get moving!
- It provides with me with lots of memories. Whenever I look at back at all of my unforgettable travel experiences I am always astounded at the amount of people I’ve met and the friends I’ve made. This is something that cannot be purchased or come naturally if I stayed in the same country all my life.
- I love the feeling of getting lost in an unknown place. It takes me out of my comfort zone forcing me to open up and communicate with others despite the dialect making use of all forms of communication; body language , diagrams, broken English you name it! When this gets frustrating I just try to remember that sometimes you need to break in order to expand that is the act of Kintsugi. At the end of the day when I finally get to my destination and conquer these obstacles, the feeling is amazing. My confidence soars sky high. It feels like I can do anything. I’ve discovered how resourceful I can be when exposed to a new place.
- Going Unplugged. Daily life can be overwhelming and I believe that it’s a necessity to occasionally step back and take a break from it all. When am up in the clouds where no Wi-Fi is in reach I feel like I’m nearing the peace and serenity of heaven where the noise and stress of the world cannot touch me. I have time to reflect and become introspective of my own life. I can write down my own thoughts or read a novel without being interrupted. I savour these moments, as I feel closer to God and away from any worry.
- It’s an opportunity to invest in myself. By visiting different countries I have become a well-rounded person that’s able to adapt to any situation I may face in my daily life. I’ve adopted the motto that ‘life is too short to care if your socks match’. At the same time I take the inspiration I gain when travelling to fuel me to strive for the best. I’ve been able to create a balance in my life between focusing on a goal as the final destination and enjoying the journey it takes to get there. A gained a new and widened perspective. Being able to experience new culture and different ways of life has allowed me to find a new way to enjoy life and keep constantly learning about it.
- I simply love travelling! That is reason enough for me to pack my bags and get going. So if you have a passion for anything in particular this is your time to start. One day or day one. You decide.
Feel free to leave a comment below. I look forward to hearing from you. Remember, share this post with your friends, on your social media etc. Till then, I’ll leave you with this quote:
“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you rich”
Stay blessed x